- Speakers are invited to strictly follow the allotted times for a smooth running of the session.
- Computer projection only will be available. The management of all the projections will be entrusted to a single system that will automatically forward the presentations in the meeting room; it will be not possible to use personal laptops.
- Speakers are kindly requested to use PowerPoint (versions 2003 or later) for Windows or for Mac. No other software for slides (i.e.Keynote) will be accepted.
Speakers with PowerPoint presentation on USB pen: Please report to the slide Center* at least 1 hour before your presentation.
Speakers with presentation on their own laptop and/or using MACINTOSH/APPLE please report to the slide Center* at least 2 hours before your presentation in order to convert the file into Windows format and/or download the presentation onto the main system.
- The first slide should provide: title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s).
- The presentation should be saved with the speaker’s name (and not with a generic name as WLF6 or Florence 2023)
- The files of any video or image must be saved in the same folder as the PowerPoint presentation and must be copied into the folder before their insertion in the presentation (NOTE 1)
- Videos should be saved as: .mp4 (codec h264 – MPEG-4 AVC) or .wmv extension and must not start with double click on the image but automatically when the slide opens (NOTE 2) Preferred Audio is m4a format (AAC)
- It is suggested not to include more than one video each slide
- Each video should not exceed 50 MB.
Each PowerPoint presentation should not exceed 20 MB, excluding videos
- Images should be reduced with a graphics program such as “Imaging,” “Photoshop”, “Photo Paint”, “Paint Shop Pro” or similar before importing them into PowerPoint – Maximum 1920 x 1080
- It is recommended to use “.gif” and “.jpg” extensions for images. Other types of extensions will be accepted as long as they can be recognized by PowerPoint.
- The use of USB pens or memory stick is advisable to easily download the presentations at the slide Centre.
- Please no web links like youtube etc.
Please remember that only the single projection is foreseen with PowerPoint.
i.e. Create the folder “PRESENTATION”, in this folder copy all the files you need for the presentation. Create the presentation with PowerPoint inserting the video that are located in the “presentation” folder, then save everything in the “presentation” folder.
To avoid this, follow these steps: Select the slide where you want to insert the Video, select “Video and Sounds …”from menu “Insert”, then click “Video from file ….”. Select the video you want and press the “OK” button. When asked “Play movie automatically during the presentation?” Choose “Yes”.
*IMPORTANT: Slide Center will be available as follows:
14 November – from 8.00 to 18.00
Back office Auditorium – Palazzo dei Congressi
15 / 16 / 17 November – from 7.30 to 18.00
Hall 2B, 2nd floor – Palazzo degli Affari